The Primitive Methodists in Ryde opened their first chapel in Star Street in 1841. The Star Street chapel served until the society opened a new Chapel on the corner of High Street and Well Street in 1902. Read about it here.
The 1851 census tells us that the average attendance was 60 in the morning, 30 in the afternoon and 120 in the evening. The chapel seated 154. The return was completed by John Healey, the minister, who lived at Mrs Davies’ on Princess Street.
The The Star Street site was later occupied by a carpet shop.