Ropley Primitive Methodist chapel
Gilbert Street Ropley ALRESFORD SO24 0BY
The first Primitive Methodist chapel in Ropley was in Gilbert Street. It was opened in 1869 and served for 40 years until a replacement chapel was opened in Ropley itself in Albert Street.
The first chapel became incorporated into the rear part of Eleanor House, shown in the picture. A tablet on the wall behind a tree reads ‘Primitive Methodist Chapel 1869′.