Keith Guyler’s notes say that the original chapel on this site was opened in 1872 or possibly 1875. It was demolished and replaced by the new building in 1928 – but see the comments below for more information.
Northam was a relatively poor area around the docks. Click here to see an interesting insight into how it was affected by the Titanic disaster.
It is still active as Northam Methodist Church.