Swanmore Primitive Methodist chapel
Chapel Road, Swanmore SO32 2QB
A return to the Census of Paces of Public Religious Worship of March 1851 reports Primitive Methodists meeting in a chapel in Swanmore. Morning congregations averaged 12 and evenings averaged 70 over the preceding 12 months. The chapel itself seated 90 in free seats and had been erected before 1800.
The photograph shows a later Swanmore Primitive Methodist chapel, opened in 1863.
It is still active in July 2015.