St Denys Primitive Methodist chapel
Ivy Road SOUTHAMPTON SO17 2JP
At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1995 and on Google Street view in 2014 St Denys Primitive Methodist chapel in Ivy Road was in use as a New Testament church of God.
Keith Guyler dates the first building here from 1860 with a second building / rebuild in 1883. A Sunday School was added in 1935. It closed in 1969.
Keith Guyler’s notes also refer to a Portswood chapel, Priory Rd which is the road that Ivy Road leads into. Can anyone cast light on this?