This chapel is successor to the earlier Prim chapel also in Parchment Street but on a different site . It was built where a Congregational chapel once stood. The foundation stones were laid on 28th May 1903, with Sunday School children also laying bricks to mark the occasion, and the opening services were held at the end of the year.
The architect’s drawing is by E Morris and dated 1902. The organ was donated by Richard Sharp, grandfather of Revd David Sharp who provided many of the pictures.
Parchment Street was closed in 1973 when it combined with the Peter Street congregation. Keith Guyler in the notes alongside his photograph in 1989 describes it as used by the Samaritans. In 2015 it is used partly as Wesley House flats and partly as Winchester Business Centre.