The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Chickerell to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by the minister, Daniel Day. . It had 30 free seats and on Census Sunday 15 people attended the single service which was held in the afternoon. .
It did not have a Sunday School.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map does not show a Primitive Methodist chapel in Chickerell, although there is a Wesleyan chapel.