The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Corfe Castle to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by James Herridge, the Minister. The society had been meeting in the same accommodation for over eleven years. It had 45 free seats and was over-full on Census Sunday evening.
It did not have a Sunday School.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map shows a Wesleyan Methodist chapel but not a Primitive Methodist one.