The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Coryates to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by Jesse White, a local preacher. The society had been meeting in the same accommodation since before 1831 . It had 40 free seats and on Census Sunday 25 people attended the single service which was held in the afternoon .
It did not have a Sunday School.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map does not show a Primitive Methodist chapel in Coryates.