The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Long Burton (sic) to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by John Silas Brown, the minister, of Acreman Street, Sherborne. The society had been meeting in the same accommodation since before 1839. It had 81 seats and on Census Sunday, 28 attended the single service held in the afternoon.
There was also a Sunday School. which met in the morning and afternoon
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map does not show a Primitive Methodist chapel in Longburton.