The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Wareham to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by Bennet Swyer, a local preacher. The society had been meeting in the same accommodation for around seven months. It had 40 free seats and was usually full for services, which were held in the afternoon .
It did not have a Sunday School.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map does not show a Primitive Methodist chapel in Mill Lane or elsewhere in Wareham.