The return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Pleasant Street, Haslingden, to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by local preacher George Law.
The building dated from before 1800 and accommodated 200 people. Sunday school met three times on Census Sunday with 90 scholars in the morning and 60 in the afternoon and evening. 60worshippers attended afternoon and evening services.
We are told that the society had no regular minister, but services were chiefly taken by local preachers, especially those from the Pleasant Street society itself.