In 1851 the Primitive Methodist society in Lately Common was meeting in a building that was also used as a day school and a Sunday school. It had been built before 1820. and accommodated 140 people, all in free seats.
Attendance in the morning of Census Sunday was 50 worshippers with 80 children in the Sunday school. In the afternoon 80 adults and 60 children attended.
The return was completed by a class leader, Joseph Adamson, of Bury Lane near Leigh.
The 1892 Ordnance Survey map shows Glazebury Primitive Methodist chapel and Sunday school on Warrington Road, a little way south of Lately Common itself. Is there a link to Lately Common?