The return from Shevington Primitive Methodist society to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship records that the society had been using a room for preaching since 1832.
The preaching room was on an upper floor; downstairs was a workshop. The preaching room was “unconnected … with any other room in the building”.
The average attendance in the morning was 20 with 53 scholars and in the afternoon was 28 with 59 scholars.
The return was completed by Society Steward Michael Grey.