1832 chapel openings and more
Index of 1832 Primitive Methodist Magazine accounts of chapel openings, re-openings and foundation-stone laying
There are 16 chapel openings, re-openings and foundation stone layings listed in the 1832 volume. There are no accounts of foundation stone laying and 1 account of chapels re-opening.
At Jamestone, D Lewis “exerted himself like a true Welshman and Primitive Methodist in the erection of this chapel”.
At Bishop’s Castle in the Shrewsbury circuit, there was much opposition from the ‘wicked’ Bishop’s Castle folk. The Bishop’s Castle chapel was built with an eye to the future: it was built to take a gallery when needed.
The Saughall society near Chester took only three months from first proposing to build a chapel in July 1830 to starting to mark the ground out on October 4th.