In the 1839 volume of the Primitive Methodist magazine there are 33 openings, re-openings and foundation stone layings reported. This includes 26 openings, 5 re-openings and 1 foundation stone laying.
The first chapel at Sibsey Northlands in the Boston circuit was built with mud and stud walls whilst at Banks in the Preston circuit the chapel had a frame of pole-wood plastered with clay mixed with straw.
At Swansea the writer comments that it was “pleasant to see the unity that prevails in this town among the ministers of different congregations” to support the chapel which was located amongst a dense population of poor people. At Beccles in the Wangford circuit, the Prims “experienced great kindness from Rev J Holt, vicar of the parish”.
At Sibton in the Wangford circuit, on the Sunday afternoon opening of the new chapel, they preached to around 1200 people in the meadow near the chapel..