Bringsty Common Primitive Methodist Chapel
South of A44, Whitbourne Civil Parish, Herefordshire
Location GR – SO 70377 54774
Currently in 2013 it is being used as a domestic store building. No date for its closure has been found, thought to be pre 1940.
Wall plaque states, “Mount Sion Primitive Methodist Chapel Erected in 1861”.
A Primitive Methodist Chapel on Bringsty Common. It is shown on the 1888 1st Edition OS map but does not appear on the current edition. (Herefordshire Through Time)
Kelly’s Directory 1913 Hfds, P 203. WHITBOURNE – BRINGSTYE COMMON. Here also is a small Primitive Methodist chapel.
On the 1887 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)
On the 1904 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)
On the 1928 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Primitive Methodist Chapel.
The above maps may be viewed at Old Maps
Methodist Church , Statistical Returns, 1940. – it is not recorded in the Birmingham circuit. Which suggests that it was closed pre 1940.