Collington Primitive Methodist Chapel

Directly on east side of B 4214. Collington Civil Parish, Herefordshire

Collington Primitive Methodist Chapel 2013 | R Beck
Collington Primitive Methodist Chapel 2013
R Beck
Collington Wall Plaque | R Beck
Collington Wall Plaque
R Beck

Location GR – SO 64582 61105

 

Currently in 2013 the building is used for domestic purposes.

The wall plaque is weathered and gives the date as 1840 or 49.

Believed to have closed pre 1940. 

 

To the north of Lowerfield House is a building which is marked on the 1st Edition OS map as a Primitive Methodist Chapel.  (Herefordshire Through Time)  

Kelly’s Directory 1895 Hfds & Salop, P 39. COLLINGTON. Here is a Primitive Methodist chapel. 

Kelly’s Directory 1913 Hfds, P 45. COLLINGTON. Here is a Primitive Methodist chapel.

 

On the 1889 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)

On the 1904-5 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive)

On the 1972 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is not marked as a chapel.

The above maps may be viewed at  Old Maps

Methodist Church , Statistical Returns, 1940. – not recorded in Birmingham circuit but may be in Wolverhampton & Shrewsbury. Therefore closure possibly pre 1940.

 

 

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone