Kynaston Primitive Methodist Chapel

East side of minor road, Kynaston, Much Marcle Civil Parish, Herefordshire

Kynaston Primitive Methodist Chapel 2014 | R Beck
Kynaston Primitive Methodist Chapel 2014
R Beck
Kynaston PM Chapel | R Beck
Kynaston PM Chapel
R Beck

Location GR – SO 64354 35802 

There is no information on when it was built and opened or when it closed.

 

Herefordshire Through Time web site states :- HER no. 36605, A Primitive Methodist Chapel at Kynaston which is marked on the 1887 1st Edition OS map, but not on modern ones.

 

Kelly’s Directory No entries.

 

On the 1888 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Methodist Chapel (Primitive).

On the 1904 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Mission Room.

On the 1929 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Mission Room.

On the 1974-5 OS Herefordshire 1:2,500 map the building is marked as Mission Room.

The above maps may be viewed at Old Maps

 

Methodist Church, Statistical Returns, 1940 – Birmingham District – Hereford – not recorded.

Comments about this page

  • The chapel on Broadmoor Common which is about three miles away is also built like that in Kynaston in rat trap bond, for which some local builder had a penchant. There is rat trap bond to be seen in Fownhope, Woolhope and Putley. We know the Broadmoor Chapel to have been built in 1857-58 so that gives us a reference point for the date.

    By Stephen Horsfield (28/04/2017)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone