The first Primitive Methodist chapel at Clougher was built in 1823 and served for 70 years. In 1894 the memorial stones were laid for a replacement. It was in the Castletown station
The 1869 Ordnance Survey shows a Primitive Methodist chapel at Ballamodha, just to the east of Clougher Mooar. Street View in 2010 shows the later building in existence on the same site.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1894 September page 717