Bexhill Springfield Road Primitive Methodist chapel

Springfield Road, Bexhill, East Sussex TN40 2BX

Bexhill Springfield Road Primitive Methodist chapel | Keith Guyler 1988
Bexhill Springfield Road Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1988

Springfield Road Primitive Methodist chapel is still in use as Bexhill Methodist church.  The church is sited on land the ownership of which was the subject of a great struggle between a firm of brewers and the Temperance Movement at the turn of the 20th century.  Mr Marshall Jay, a London churchman, bought the site to ensure victory for the temperance forces. The land was presented to the Primitive Methodist Connexion, and with generous financial backing from Mr Jay, plus gifts and labour from members and friends, Christ Church, Springfield Road, was dedicated and opened on 20th March 1907.

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone