The 1882 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us that a new iron chapel has been opened by the Primitive Methodists in Bexley, part of the Dartford station.
The village had been missioned some seven years previously, but limited progress had been made until “a few Christian gentlemen” employed a missionary. After that, “a good congregation has been gathered and many drunkards have been reclaimed”
The 1897 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on Hartford Road, at the junction with Albert Road. It has disappeared by the 1909 map.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 572