Additional information (CH 04/;2020)
The 1882 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel has been laid at Belgrave Road, Dover, on what is described as “an excellent site in a wide open street”. The mayor took a leading part in the ceremony.
The chapel was expected to cost around £800 and was located in a neighbourhood where there was no existing Primitive Methodist society.
The 1883 Primitive Methodist magazine confirms the opening of the new Primitive Methodist chapel – “a neat building in an excellent position with some thousands of people round about and no other place of worship near.” They had raised £300 of the £800 cost.
The building still exists in 2016 Street View, in residential use.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 637
Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 188