We are informed that Rev. William Dinnick was an active chapel builder during his time in the Ramsgate Circuit. With one exception, however, he appears not to have been active in publicising his activities in the Primitive Methodist Magazine.
Having seen the original Ramsgate chapel replaced by a new one in Queen Street Dinnick missioned an area of new housing to the north of the town centre. Although Primitive Methodist sources are silent, the local press reported progress.
The Memorial stone of the new Mission Room was laid on 30 August 1869. It was reported that Mr. J. Attbar preached an opening sermon on 28 October 1869, and three days later there were opening services in the afternoon, led by Rev. J. Dimmock, and in the evening by Mr. J. Shaw. The preacher in the afternoon was undoubtedly Rev. John Dinnick brother of William, and stationed in the Circuit from 1865-1868.
The next mention of the chapel in the local press was on 2 August 1884 when it was reported that the building of Denmark Road had caused damage to the chapel. The Mission had apparently been erected before the road.
The Sunday School was extended in 1894, and in 1940 it was reported that the chapel could seat 200, and that there was also a school hall. Soon afterwards the building was destroyed by enemy action. Ramsgate is on the coast closest to the continent, and the Denmark Road chapel was next door to the town gasworks.
The records of the chapel are in Kent History and Library Centre (M11/4) as are the plans for the 1894 Sunday School extension.
Thanet Advertiser 30.10.1869
Thanet Advertiser 2.8.1884
Statistical returns … as at July 1st 1940. Manchester: Methodist Church, Department of Chapel Affairs, 1947