Sittingbourne Shakespeare Road Primitive Methodist chapel
Shakespeare Road SITTINGBOURNE ME10 3AB
Shakespeare Road Primitive Methodist chapel in Sittingbourne was built in 1881. At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1986 it was in use as an electrical workshop. On Google Street view in 2009 it appears much the same, but a little sad.
In Keith Guyler’s notes it is called Shakespeare Street.
The Sittingbourne Directory for 1908 quoted on the Kent History Forum gives the following information:
“This place of worship was built in 1883 and will seat about 250 persons.
The Church is connected with the Sheerness and Sittingbourne Primitive Methodist Circuit and the resident Ministers are the Rev W R Paulson, Sheerness, and A Goodacre 180 Park Road Milton.
- Sunday Services 11 a m and 6 30 p.m.
- Sunday School : 2.30 p.m.,
- Superintendent Mr. W. Howton ,
- Secretary, Mr. .A. Cheeseman
- Prayer Meeting Thursday 7.30 p m
- Preaching Service : Thursday 7.30 p m
- Chapel Steward Mr W Howton
- Chapel Secretary : Mr. J. Mears Cowper Road Sittingbourne”