Blackleach Primitive Methodist chapel
Blackleach Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on 30th September 1827. Preachers at the opening services were Bro J V and Thomas Holloday who described the occasion in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1828. He gives honourable mentions to the trustees – H Gibson, J Holmes and J Bloor.
The chapel, which was on Walkden Moor, measured 24′(w) x 30′(l). It had 40 members & a Sunday School had been started.
Where was this chapel? On the 1893 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey map there is a Primitive Methodist chapel and school marked at the junction of Worsley Road North and Argyll Avenue, the site of the present Worsley Road North Methodist church (M28 3GD). Was that it?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1828 page 82