The return from Daisy (Daisey) Hill Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship shows that the chapel they were using was built in 1837 and seated 150 people. The average attendance at the weekly Sunday afternoon service was 70 worshippers with a Sunday school of 30 scholars. The return was completed by local preacher James Green, of Daisy Hill.
The 1877 Primitive Methodist magazine records that the society had started the erection of a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Daisy Hill in the Bolton circuit.. We are told nothing more.
Daisy Hill in the course of tie became part of West Houghton Methodist church. Does the building still exist?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1877 page 569