The 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship includes a Return for a Primitive Methodist chapel in Bolton le Moors parish. There is no further location given, but we are given a date of 1822, so amongst the first if not the first Prim chapels in the town. It was a separate and complete building used exclusively as a place of worship and Sunday school, seating 280 with standing room for a further 40.
The society met on Sunday mornings and evenings, with a Sunday school of 120 scholars in the morning and afternoon.
The return was completed by the steward, Samuel Barratt, of Newport Street.
Where was the chapel and what happened to it?