Where Chapelfield Primitive Methodist chapel once stood, there are now blocks of low rise flats.
The opening of a new chapel at Chapelfield is recorded in the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1888. The fact it is referred to as a new chapel implies that there was already one there. We aren’t told much, except that over half of the cost of the building has been raised. It was in the Bury circuit.
The chapel is open on the 1857 Ordnance Survey map but the area has been redeveloped by the 1971 OS Plan.
Primitive Methodist magazine February 1888 page 124