The 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship contains a return for Dukinfield Parkside Primitive Methodist chapel. It was completed by J Sutton of Town Lane.
Mr Sutton tells us that the chapel was opened in 1836 and was a separate building used exclusively as a place of worship. It accommodated 250 people. On Census Sunday, there were 150 worshippers and a Sunday school of 50 in the afternoon. In the evening 230 attended of whom 30 were in the school.
Interestingly, there is no reference – at least not by name – to Parkside in the account of Primitive Methodism in Dukinfield .