Great Harwood Jubilee Primitive Methodist chapel
Mercer St, BB6 7AN
Charles Jackson describes the opening of Great Harwood Jubilee Primitive Methodist chapel in the Blackburn circuit in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Preachers at the opening included Rev. D. Tuton, from Runcorn, J. Gaukrodger, Esq., from Burnley, Rev.W. Antliff, from Oldham and Rev. J. Jackson,from Kendall.
The new chapel was a two storied building measuring 42′ x 36′. There was a Sunday school underneath. It cost £400 of which £260 had been raised.
The Jubilee chapel closed in 1898 when they built a school in Orchard Street. The congregation moved to the school from the Mercer Street chapel which became a social club before being demolished.
It is now a car park.
Primitive Methodist magazine April 1861 page 235