Haughton Green Primitive Methodist Church, Manchester
Follow this link to view a picture of this church, along with a brief history. The church was built in 1856. the last service was held in 1969 and building demolished in 1971.
Additional information (CH 2021)
The return from the Primitive Methodist society in Haughton Green to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship records a preaching place that was “fitted up” in 1841. It held 140 and on Census Sunday 31 attended in the afternoon and 43 in the evening. There was an afternoon Sunday School of 92 scholars.
The return was completed by the secretary, Haworth Schofield.