The 1893 October Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of memorial stones for a mission church in Horwich. Horwich as a new railway centre “had suddenly assumed the proportions of a town” so development of the mission was led by by the Manchester District Missionary Committee assisted by WP Hartley rather than rely on limited local resources.
Rev WD Judson was in charge of the mission.
The May magazine tells us that the chapel has been opened.
Primitive Methodist magazine October 1893 page 637
Primitive Methodist magazine May 1894 page 396-7