Horwich Moor Primitive Methodist Chapel Bottom-o'-th'-Moor Lancashire
The foundation stone for the building standing today was laid in 1869
There was a Primitive Methodist Society in Horwich Moor in 1834. A Sunday School was opened in an upper room at the end of a row of weavers’ cottages before the present building was erected in 1869.
In 1892 Horwich Moor Chapel was part of the Horwich Mission station which was part of the Manchester District Committee of the Primitive Methodist Connexion.
In 2014 the chapel was still open for worship. [Editor’s note: closed 2016 see below]
Photos taken October 2014
OS Map Ref:109:661111