John Hoyle, the manager, completed the return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Laneshaw Bridge to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship.
The chapel was erected in 1836 and was used exclusively as a place of worship and Sunday school. It held 350 people, all in free seats.
On Census Sunday there was no morning service, by 50 people attended service in the afternoon, which was the usual attendance, and 50 in the evening. The society did not usually have an evening service.
141 scholars attended morning and afternoon Sunday school. Usually there was only an afternoon Sunday school.
The chapel was located on Carriers Row, and on Street View in 2009 it is shown in residential use.