Little Hulton Worsley Road Primitive Methodist chapel

Argyle Ave, Worsley M28 3GD

Little Hulton Worsley Road Primitive Methodist chapel

The 1883 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Worsley Road in the Walkden Circuit.  They had been meeting for some years in a building that served as chapel, day school and Sunday school and this was not always straightforward.

The work was expected to cost around £1,600 of which they would expect to raise over half by the time of opening.

The 1909 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel at the southern side of the junction of Worsley Road North and Argyll Street. There is a Sunday school marked behind the chapel. They are both is still there on the 1838 map, although Argyll Street has become Argyll Avenue.

The church is still on the same site in 2019, but in a new building..

Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 379-380

No Comments

Start the ball rolling by posting a comment on this page!

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *