The return from Collyhurst Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship dates the chapel from 1840. It seated 200 people and attendance on Census Sunday was 70 in the afternoon and 65 in the evening. There was a Sunday school of 35 scholars meeting both in morning and afternoon.
The return was completed by local preacher John Herland of Chapel Street.
We are not told where the chapel was but in 1867 a Registration of non-conformist chapels identifies a Primitive Methodist chapel in Collyhurst Street. The 1888-1893 Ordnance Survey map shows a Prim chapel at the junction of Collyhurst Street and Teignmouth Street. It was right next to a Welsh Methodist chapel which on later maps is marked as “hall”. By 1949 the Prim chapel site was occupied by the Palace Cinema and by 1977 if was the Palladium Club.
On Street View in 2009 it is modern housing.