The laying of the memorial stones for Newbridge Primitive Methodist chapel in the Barrowford station took place in 1892. The building, facing onto Maud Street at the junction with May Street, was to serve both as chapel and Sunday school. For three years the society had been meeting in a hall belonging to the Co-operative society but they outgrew it so needed to build.
The cost was expected to be £870 of which they had raised a quarter with a further quarter expected by the time of opening. The site was large enough to enable the chapel to be built at a later date.
The chapel closed in 1946 and was sold to St. John’s Ambulance Brigade. In 1976, the building was bought by Barrowford Urban District Council and became the village hall. Street View shows it in that use in 2011, but by 2017 it simply looks like a block of modern housing, although the size and shape of the building has not changed.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1892 May page 316