The Primitive Methodist magazine contains an account by Rev T Atkinson of the opening of a Primitive Methodist preaching room at Nibthwaite Mills . It was opened on August 6th 1865. Speakers at the opening celebrations which included a public tea for 130 included Rev Atkinson, G & W Rushforth, , Revs Taylor, Gordon, and Wrathall. The room was not just for preaching but “temperance meetings held, a Sabbath school taught, a library established, and it is expected a mutual improvement society will be formed.
Where was this chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1866 page 46