The 1883 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a new Primitive Methodist school-chapel at Padiham in the Burnley station.
The building cost over £1,000 and included seven class rooms, and a lecture hall capable of seating 300 people. Two years previously there had been no society in the town: now there were 60 people in the church fellowship and 130 scholars.
The 1893 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on Thompson Street, at the junction with Hill Street. On the 1931 map it is labelled Primitive Methodist.
Street View in 2009 and 2018 shows the building intact, used as a nursery.
Thanks to Karen Peters for providing the picture of the chapel as it was.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1883 page 761