Pendleton Primitive Methodist chapel in John Street dates from 1837
The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship tells us that it accommodated 204 worshippers with a further 20 singers. Average attendance on a Sunday morning was 140 with 90 more scholars and on the Sunday evening was 210 with a further 120 scholars. In addition, there was a temperance meeting every week which attracted 40 people.
The return was completed by Joseph Longden of Gold Street, Pendleton who was the Superintendent.
The chapel is also included in the 1867 register of non-conformist chapels.
Where was John Street and what happened to the chapel?