Preston Primitive Methodist chapel
In the Primitive Methodist magazine of 1837, GW Armitage tells us that a new chapel had been opened at Preston.
Opening services started on 18th June 1837 and the preachers included Mr W Clough, Mr J Britain and, on the 25th June, Mr J Verity.
The new chapel which measured 43’6″ (w) x 51′(l) x 30′(h) could accommodate 400 persons and was big enough for a gallery if necessary
Primitive Methodist magazine 1837 / 453