The return from Prestwich Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship shows that the chapel was erected in 1828, and seated 179 with standing room for a further 100.
On Census Sunday , 20 people attended the morning service and 27 the afternoon one. There were 48 Sunday school scholars in the morning and 7 in the afternoon.
The return was completed by an elder, James Howarth of the unusually named Gravel Hole.
Where was the church and what happened to it?