William Kay, the steward, completed the return from the Primitive Methodist chapel at Rakefoot to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship. William was a calico printer, living in Sunny Side.
He tells us that the chapel and school, which was a completely separate building, was made into a chapel in 1841. It accommodated 266 people, mostly in free seats.
On Census Sunday there were afternoon and evening services , attended by 30 and 45 worshippers respectively.
There was a substantial Sunday school. 84 scholars attended in the morning and 76 in the afternoon.
Is this the same chapel as Crawshawbooth?