The Genuki website records the chapel being founded in 1850 and closing in 1965. It was situated on Lord Street.
The 1941 Methodist Statistical Return describes the chapel as stone built, seating 472 on pews with one hall and two additional rooms.
Lancashire Archives has the following information about this chapel:
- Ref. MRO 14/1-3: Records for the Jubilee Primitive Methodist Chapel on Lord Street, Rawtenstall.
- Ref. MMR 33/3-6: marriage records