The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Holebottom, Rochdale, to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by the minister, Robert Kaye of 49 Great George Street.
He reports that the building which was erected in 1850 held 300 people, mainly in free seats. Attendance on Census Sunday was 65 at the afternoon service and 62 in the evening. There was also an afternoon Sunday school of 94 scholars.
Where was the chapel? In fact, where in Rochdale is Holebottom? What happened to the chapel and the people in it?