The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Salford to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by the minister, David Tuton of 1 Wellington Street, Salford.
The building is recorded as being built in 1843 and was of a considerable size, seating 800 people. On Census Sunday morning attendance was 100 with a Sunday school of 50 scholars and the evening attendance was 200.
The registration of chapels in 1867 includes King Street Salford and the 1844 building date of that chapel is close enough to that on the return to suggest this is the same chapel.
There is a block of multi-storey flats on the site on Street View in 2011.
Grid Reference – SJ 833989