The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Burnley Lane, Whalley Parish, to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship reports that the chapel was newly built – in 1850. It accommodated 30 people, all in free seats.
On Census Sunday 60 people attended in the afternoon and 41 in the evening. Although the Sunday school did not meet on Census Sunday, there was usually an afternoon school session which attracted around 80 scholars.
Where was the chapel and what happened to it and its people?