Earl Shilton Primitive Methodist Chapel was built of brick in 1884 and a school added in 1906. By 1910 £2961 had been spent on the buildings. From 1910 to 1932 the chapel seated 500. In 1940 the accommodation consisted of the chapel which measured 45½ feet by 30½ feet and seated 217 on the floor of the chapel and 250 in the all round gallery making 467 in total (all in pews), two school halls 60 feet by 33 feet and 29 feet by 18½ feet, 14v vestries or classrooms, and two four room cottages one of which was occupied by the caretaker.
Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland Record Office N/M/142/92
25 inch OS sheet XXXVI. 9, 1886-8 and 1914-6
John Rylands Library University of Manchester, DDPD1 Methodist Church Buildings: Statistical returns including seating accommodation as at July 1st 1940/692 (Hinckley, Albert Road, Circuit)