Barkby Primitive Methodist Chapel, Leicestershire
The chapel was built in 1886 on the Brookside (now no. 18) at a cost of £200, with seating for 120, and by 1918 was debtless. As well as Sunday services there was a Sunday school.
Because of the decline in attendances in the 1920s, the Chapel was closed and sold, and the building later converted to a grocery shop and living accommodation. This closed in the 1960s and was converted into a private house.
There was also a Wesleyan Chapel in School Lane and this then became the Methodist Chapel. This seated about 50 people with a small balcony (on an eye level with the preacher!).
Because of dwindling numbers this closed in 1970 and was sold and then converted into a private residence.